Minced meat with stuffed eggplants
You know the traditional recipe for stuffed zucchini. But this time you want an original recipe based on meat and eggplant. A delicious and sun-drenched recipe. here is a recipe for aubergines stuffed with minced meat. A family dish that is both simple and friendly to make at home. Make way for preparation.
- 4 eggplants
- 300 g ground beef or sausage meat
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- grated cheese mozzarella, parmesan or gruyère, …
- olive oil
- salt pepper
- Start by preheating your oven at th.6 (180 ° C). Wash your eggplants and cut them in half lengthwise. Then check their flesh, taking care not to damage the skin. The skin must remain intact so that the eggplants can then be garnished with meat. If the eggplant persists, it will fall when cooked. Put your eggplant in the oven and sprinkle it with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Take your tomatoes, wash them and then remove the seeds. Then cut them into small dice. Peel and chop the garlic and onion. Cook the minced meat 4 to 5 min before adding the garlic and onion. Salt and pepper then cook for another 5 min. Add your diced tomatoes and simmer an additional 10 min. Stop cooking and put the basil.
- When your eggplants are cooked, take them out of the oven, trying not to burn yourself. Start emptying them, taking care not to damage them.
- Mix the meat stuffing with the flesh of the eggplant and then start stuffing the eggplant with the preparation. For more indulgence, sprinkle your meat-stuffed aubergines with grated cheese and leave to brown in the oven for 30 min.
This recipe can be declined in a vegetarian version. Just replace the minced meat with vegetables (celery, peppers, …). You can add a tomato coulis, pine nuts and a few herbs to enhance the taste! A real treat isn’t it?